- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
News and PR
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- The Future of Retail
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Delivering Net Zero Carbon Emissions by 2030
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
At the moment, many businesses can’t enjoy the benefits of a full fibre connection – like Business Full Fibre from TalkTalk Business – because the technology is yet to be deployed in their area.
However, many of them will be able to take advantage of our Business Ultrafast Fibre service instead. That’s good news, because Business Ultrafast Fibre is a slightly different form of fibre connectivity, based on a technology called G.fast. It can achieve speeds of up to 300Mbps, which is more than enough for many businesses to future proof their operations.
The main difference between these two connectivity technologies is in the cabling. Business Full Fibre – also known as Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) or ‘Full Fibre’ – uses a fibre optic cable for the entire journey from the main internet exchange all the way to your office.
G.fast is similar to a traditional Superfast Fibre connection, which is also known as Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) . Your data travels across fibre cables for most of the journey, but then switches to copper wires for the last stretch between the green street cabinet and your site.
However, Superfast Fibre has a maximum speed of up to 76Mbps, while G.fast is much faster, with the potential to reach up to 300Mbps downstream (and an impressive 40Mbps upstream). Given that it uses similar infrastructure, how does it achieve such zippy speeds?
It’s all in the frequency
Without wanting to get too technical, our G.fast-based Business Ultrafast Fibre utilises special equipment in the BT cabinet to alter the speed frequencies of the connection. That pushes the signal along the copper part of the journey more quickly, resulting in faster and more reliable connectivity.
Business Ultrafast Fibre is a big step up from our FTTC Superfast Fibre and gives businesses the bandwidth and faster broadband speeds they need to be more innovative. Business Ultrafast Fibre connections can easily handle high bandwidth tasks without slowdown or stutter. Video calls are smoother, clearer, and large files download in moments, allowing multiple employees to connect and collaborate across cloud services without any reduction in speed.
If your ADSL or Superfast Fibre connection is stretched to the limit, Business Ultrafast Fibre can future proof your business for a new generation of digital tools and services.
Business Ultrafast Fibre and FTTP
So, should you opt for Business Ultrafast Fibre or Business Full Fibre? Being honest, you probably won’t get that choice, at least not for a while.
Business Ultrafast Fibre has been rolled out to cover around 2.8 million premises, mainly in areas that couldn’t get Business Full Fibre. Looking to the future, it’s possible that some businesses will get the choice of Business Ultrafast Fibre or Business Full Fibre, as the full fibre rollout gathers pace.
If so, full fibre connections like Business Full Fibre are the faster and more reliable technology. Because Business Ultrafast Fibre still uses the copper network, speeds do slow down as you get further from the cabinet. Business Ultrafast Fibre is at its best within around 300 metres of a street cabinet. Business Full Fibre suffers from no such limitation, with top speeds available however far you are from the exchange.
In other words, Business Ultrafast Fibre is generally not as fast or reliable as Business Full Fibre, and that’s reflected in a lower price. But it’s an excellent option for businesses that need better connectivity than ADSL or Superfast Fibre, and can’t currently access a full fibre solution. Given that full fibre is the future, Business Ultrafast Fibre is a great stop gap until the future finally arrives.
Business Ultrafast Fibre and TalkTalk Business – more for less
At TalkTalk Business we offer two speeds of Business Ultrafast Fibre, up to 150Mbps and up to 300Mbps, both with totally unlimited downloads and uploads. In other words, if you’re in an Business Ultrafast Fibre area, you can now get connectivity that’s almost two or four times as fast as the best Superfast Fibre option.
And Business Ultrafast Fibre is available from as little as £29.95 (ex VAT) a month*, meaning you can can take your business connectivity to the next level at a price that won't break the bank.
Needless to say, you also get a raft of further TalkTalk Business benefits, including free line installation, no connection fees, our best-ever Business Wi-Fi Hub and 24/7 UK-based support, that’s rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot – the best of any tier 1 provider!
Businesses are looking to enhance their connectivity as we enter a new post-pandemic era of hybrid work and enhanced digital services. For many of them, Business Ultrafast Fibre is the perfect combination of price and speed.
Call us now on 03330 601 113 to check availability in your area or complete the form on this page.