- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
Case StudiesNews and PR
- The contactless customer: A more hospitable approach to digital transformation
- The full fibre future is now: Is retail ready for the big switch off?
- The road to success: How digital solutions are whipping the logistics industry into shape
- Why should your business consider switching to 10GB ethernet?
- Women in Leadership
- 2022 will drive a new need for speed
- Reflecting on COP26
- It’s time to get back to business
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- The Future of Retail
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- It’s time to get back to business
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- We’re finalists in the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2022!
- Small Businesses Buoyant in Run up to Christmas
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Challenge 2030: How We're Helping Make the Climate Crisis History
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
10 reasons to embrace cloud communications
With some form of home working, whether remote or hybrid, seemingly here for the foreseeable future, and the 2025 deactivation of the entire landline network still on track, businesses need to consider how they’re going to adapt their operations.
Though, changing anything as integral to everyday operations as your calling system is an intimidating proposition to say the least! But don’t worry, here are 10 reasons why you should replace your on-premise solution sooner, rather than later.
Premise-based solutions require a high initial capital investment, as well as high recurring support costs to manage, maintain and upgrade the technology. MiCloud Connect[LINK] offer predictable monthly costs. With cloud communications there is no need to purchase lots of on-site equipment and therefore expenses become OpEx, rather than CapEx based.
The management of an on-premise solution can be very expensive. Because of the complexity of today’s communications solutions, it often takes an entire IT department to effectively manage the system.
A cloud-based solution means you can outsource all the cost and work to the manufacturer who takes care of the 24/7/365 management, meaning MiCloud Connect helps you focus on the other IT initiatives that actually deserve your attention.
The refresh cycle on technology solutions has shortened to an average of three years. This represents an obstacle for companies as the ongoing technology upgrade becomes a major capital investment. MiCloud Connect is updated with every new major product release to ensure that you always have the latest platform.
With an on-premise solution clients must continue to make large capital investments on new hardware as they grow. They are also left with extra hardware if they downsize.
With a cloud-based solution, new offices and users can be set-up through a self-administered client portal or by calling customer service, and It’s easy to scale up and down based on your business needs.
To learn more about MiCloud Connect from TalkTalk Business, sign up for our upcoming webinar.
5. Vendor Management
With a premise-based solution, the challenge lies in managing multiple vendors for implementation and support, handling separate billing relationships, increased demand for technical experts on multiple platforms and ongoing maintenance, support and upgrade requirements.
By working with TalkTalk Business, you only have to speak to us - one vendor for all your communication needs across voice, data and applications.
6. Quality of Service
An on-premise solution is only as reliable as the design and implementation. To guarantee uptime equipment must be managed by an internal IT department. Cloud-based solutions maximise uptime and coverage.
With an on-premise solution, hardware and software geographic redundancy is challenging to deliver. Because resources are shared between multiple customers, cloud-based solutions provide redundancy that would be too expensive to deliver with an on-premises solution.
8. Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity
An on-premise solution typically has no disaster recovery capability because the cost of supplying required hardware and design is generally not affordable to implement or support. Cloud solutions provide Business Continuity routing to maximize communications coverage for customers.
9. Simplicity / End User Control
An on-premise solution typically requires vendor intervention to make adds, moves, or changes to a system. This can be costly and is typically charged on a time and materials basis and dependant on technician availability.
MiCloud Connect includes an online administrative web portal with an easy-to-use interface. Allowing you to perform their own adds, moves, or changes at will. You’ll also receive a user web portal specific to your profile.
An on-premise solution typically requires costly upgrades and licensing to add the latest features around mobility if the system you have is current and up to date. MiCloud Connect has feature-rich mobile integration and is continually updated to support the latest devices.
If you’re looking to future-proof your communications and bring an extra level of simplicity and mobility to your business, Call us on 03330 606 247! MiCloud Connect can completely reinvigorate your team and provide them with the tools they need to get their jobs done from wherever they’re working, while saving you money.