- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
News and PR
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- The Future of Retail
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Delivering Net Zero Carbon Emissions by 2030
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
The pandemic has changed business for good. Covid lockdowns may (we hope) be over, but business will never go back to exactly the way it was before.
That’s because the lockdowns of the last 18 months or so have proved we can do things differently. Many of us worked from home, and managed. Businesses connected to more cloud services to facilitate a ‘work anywhere’ philosophy. They relied more than ever on e-commerce and cashless payments.
At the heart of the pandemic response was digital transformation. The kind of transformation that might otherwise have taken years to complete happened in months during lockdown. The result is that small businesses rely on their online services far more in 2021 than they did in 2019.
Connectivity is key
In this new era, reliable connectivity has become even more of a business necessity. If your data slows to a crawl during peak periods of the day, you can lose sales or paralyse core operations. If your connection drops out, your business effectively drops out with it, for however long it takes to get back online.
The digital transformation that was accelerated by Covid is unlikely to slow down. Supporting remote or semi-remote (hybrid) workers with appropriate cloud services is an ongoing priority. Even the most cautious consumers have got used to online ordering and cashless payments.
In addition, the ISDN switch-off in 2025 means that all businesses will have to switch to IP-telephony in the next three or four years, further highlighting the importance of reliable connectivity.
The case for DIA
Modern businesses have to strike a careful balance. You need high-performing connectivity that you can rely on absolutely as you drive digital change. At the same time, cost is clearly an issue in these straitened times.
Direct Internet Access (DIA) gives you that balance. Also known as Leased Lines, this is direct access internet designed specifically for the needs of business. It’s the perfect mix of speed and resilience and, considering what it gives you, it’s also a cost-effective connectivity solution.
The great benefit of DIA over standard broadband is direct access. A leased line gives you exclusive, uncontended bandwidth for your connection. You don’t share bandwidth with anyone else, so it won’t slow to a crawl during peak times of the day. Also, upload and download speeds are equally quick, making DIA perfect for simultaneous applications like SIP, video conferencing and real-time business services. Combined, the speed and reliability of DIA make it perfect for cloud services and private networks.
DIA is also more reliable, and - with TalkTalk Business - comes backed with a business-grade SLA that means we’ll fix any issue within hours, or you’ll start getting money back.
Quite simply, DIA is built for business in a new digital era. It gives you great speed, superior bandwidth and the confidence to experiment with new digital tools and new ways of doing business.
Choose your flavour
At TalkTalk Business, we offer different flavours of DIA to suit different business needs. Our EoFTTC (Ethernet over FTTC) is an entry-level service for smaller businesses offering consistent speeds of up to 20Mbps and an additional downstream boost of up to 76Mbps. As with all leased line products, the bandwidth is reserved exclusively for your connection.
EFM (Ethernet over the First Mile) offers similar speeds to EoFTTC, but with even greater in-built resilience. Finally, our Dedicated Leased Line offering is an end-to-end fibre line that gives flexible speeds of up to 10Gbps. Fibre all the way means Dedicated Leased Lines are especially robust, and easy scalability means opting for this solution will future proof your business for almost any eventuality.
DIA from TalkTalk Business
If you struggle with speeds or feel that your current connectivity might hold you back, now is definitely the time to upgrade. And if you do decide to take the plunge, TalkTalk Business has got your back. We’ve been supporting UK businesses for over 20 years, with award-winning support and real dedication. We have an ‘Excellent’ Trustpilot score of 4.4 (out of 5), and a philosophy that’s all about being easy to deal with.
If you need to contact us, you’ll deal with a 24/7 365 UK-based support team, and we’ll aim to solve your problem in a single call. You won’t need to call us often. Our network has 99.995% reliability and coped easily with the extra demands generated by the pandemic. Reliability is further enhanced by our free best-ever Wi-fi hub, designed to maximise speeds.
It’s time to think about better, more reliable internet, and DIA from TalkTalk Business offers a perfect balance of high speeds and unmatched resiliency. It’s a big step up from standard broadband, giving you the confidence to drive your own digital transformation and future proof your operations.