- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
Case StudiesNews and PR
- The contactless customer: A more hospitable approach to digital transformation
- The full fibre future is now: Is retail ready for the big switch off?
- The road to success: How digital solutions are whipping the logistics industry into shape
- Why should your business consider switching to 10GB ethernet?
- Women in Leadership
- 2022 will drive a new need for speed
- Reflecting on COP26
- It’s time to get back to business
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- The Future of Retail
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- It’s time to get back to business
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- We’re finalists in the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2022!
- Small Businesses Buoyant in Run up to Christmas
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Challenge 2030: How We're Helping Make the Climate Crisis History
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
Research from communications regulator Ofcom shows that the UK is spending more time online than ever and data from TalkTalk Business echoes these findings, with business’s reliance on connectivity increasing by a third since April 2020.
Ofcom’s latest Online Nation reveals that since the pandemic started, UK adults are online for an average of 3 hours 47 minutes every day – over an hour longer than adults in France, and an hour less than US counterparts.
The report also shows that with the UK in lockdown for much of 2020, this impacted consumer behaviour and online shopping sales rose by a staggering 48% to an estimated £133bn, with food and drink sales enjoying the most significant growth.
As the highstreets were shut, consumers flooded online, and businesses had to ensure they had the reliable, resilient connectivity infrastructure in place to support the increase in demand. This trend is supported by data from TalkTalk Business which reveals that in 2020, almost 10,000 of our business customers upgraded to higher bandwidth products to allow them to accommodate new ways of working and doing business.
Clearly, with the office out of bounds for most of us last year, working habits had to evolve. Thankfully, businesses were supported by technology throughout lockdown, with video calling platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams being widely adopted to ensure that we could stay in touch with colleagues and keep the economy moving during the crisis.
The rise of both these platforms was remarkable, with Zoom’s user base rising from a few hundred thousand in the first two months of 2020, to over 13 million by May, and Teams’ user base growing by over five million year on year, with 13.7 million users as of March 2021.
Bandwidth-hungry applications like Teams have now become the norm for many businesses, so it’s no surprise that data usage rose considerably in this time too. Our latest Internet Insights report shows between April 2020 and April 2021, combined upload and download data usage among TalkTalk Business customers rose by a massive 33%.
Reliable, resilient connectivity is becoming more and more vital in every aspect of our lives: it’s impacting not only how we shop and work, but it’s even playing a role in determining where we choose to live! The daily commute has become a thing of the past, and technology is enabling us to work just as productively from home as the office, which is why many are moving further away from the office to enjoy life in suburban and rural areas.
In our survey of 2,000 office workers, 40% told us that they have either moved, are moving or have considered moving house during lockdown. And with more than half (55%) of business owners saying they don’t mind where their employees live, as long as they come into the office when needed, it’s clear that both workers and business leaders agree that remote working, works!
We’re entering a new business landscape, where remote working is fast becoming the norm. This new, dynamic way of working offers benefits numerous to businesses and their people, but for your business to be part of this revolution, you need to have the right connectivity in place.
TalkTalk Business has a wealth of connectivity solutions available for operations of every size, and we support our business customers with exceptional service that’s rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot, to ensure they always get the most out of their connectivity. Want to find out more? View our range of solutions here.