- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
Case StudiesNews and PR
- The contactless customer: A more hospitable approach to digital transformation
- The full fibre future is now: Is retail ready for the big switch off?
- The road to success: How digital solutions are whipping the logistics industry into shape
- Why should your business consider switching to 10GB ethernet?
- Women in Leadership
- 2022 will drive a new need for speed
- Reflecting on COP26
- It’s time to get back to business
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- The Future of Retail
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- It’s time to get back to business
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- We’re finalists in the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2022!
- Small Businesses Buoyant in Run up to Christmas
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Challenge 2030: How We're Helping Make the Climate Crisis History
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
Every business is, to some extent, a digital business. That was true before Covid. It’s even more so now.
Businesses whose digital ambitions might have stretched no further than email and a website before the pandemic are emerging with a new digital-first focus. Cloud communications and IP telephony have kept remote businesses operational during Covid. E-commerce and cashless payments have kept them afloat.
Businesses have had to embrace new ways of working and will continue to do so. That means they’ll rely more than ever on fast data transfer, cloud services, video conferencing, e-commerce and many more. All of which means that connectivity becomes a business-critical issue.
The digital dilemma
As they emerge blinking into the sunlight of the post-lockdown era, many businesses are faced with a digital dilemma. They know that new ways of working and selling demand the increased use of digital services. At the same time, the connectivity that seemed more than adequate 18 months ago is now a brake on their ambitions. Many business networks are stretched to the limit.
Insufficient bandwidth is leading to frozen video calls with customers, and important files that take an age to arrive. Downtime has become a problem. It means the great promise of cloud-based communication and collaboration tools can never be properly realised.
That’s why many businesses are looking to enhance their connectivity. Organisations need fast, dependable internet as a foundation for recovery.
More for your money
The solution to this dilemma may be one that many small businesses in particular thought out of their reach. A leased line (aka Direct Internet Access - DIA) service with exclusive, uncontended bandwidth sounds like the kind of connectivity reserved exclusively for large enterprises. But at TalkTalk Business we offer a range of DIA products that together offer a leased line-type solution for every kind of business.
Most importantly, all our DIA solutions offer exclusive, uncontended connectivity. What that means in practice is that your connection won’t slow to a snail’s pace at peak times, and that video calls should be smooth and glitch-free at any time of day. Your service can be as fast as you want it to be. We offer scores of DIA speeds between 10Mbps and 10Gbps. In addition, simultaneous speeds make DIA perfect for services that need simultaneous data transfer, like IP-telephony, video conferencing and real-time business services.
And DIA is resilient. Our Ethernet over Fibre to the Cabinet service, for example, is largely based on fibre optic cable – only the last bit from the exchange to your premises is copper cables – so it’s more reliable than many standard broadband services. Our Ethernet in the First Mile service uses multiple copper circuits so if one component fails, you won’t lose connection.
Our Dedicated Leased Line connectivity – also known as Ethernet Access Direct –is end-to-end fibre, offering the fastest, most robust Ethernet on the market. At TalkTalk Business we enhance the natural resilience of DIA with business-grade SLAs on all products, promising fast fix times starting at just four hours.
The support you need
DIA is ideal as cloud-ready connectivity and perfect for private networks. And as is always the case with TalkTalk Business, your service will be backed by our 24/7/365 UK-based support, and one of the most reliable networks in the UK. Thousands of our customers have rated us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot, so you know your business is in safe hands.
There’s no doubt that post-lockdown business is more digitally focused than ever, which means many small companies will require a connectivity upgrade. With DIA from TalkTalk Business, you can get more than you bargained for, for less than you might expect.
You can find out more about DIA here. Or if you’d like to speak to our expert team, give us a call on 03301 733 968.