- Business types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
Case StudiesNews and PR
- The contactless customer: A more hospitable approach to digital transformation
- The full fibre future is now: Is retail ready for the big switch off?
- The road to success: How digital solutions are whipping the logistics industry into shape
- Why should your business consider switching to 10GB ethernet?
- Women in Leadership
- 2022 will drive a new need for speed
- Reflecting on COP26
- It’s time to get back to business
- Cardiff: An ultrafast city
- The connectivity market is changing fast: it’s time to upgrade
- TalkTalk is one the best places to work in the UK!
- TalkTalk Business: Finalists in Comms Council UK Awards 2021
- Business Full Fibre can drive post-lockdown success
- The new need for speed
- Ofcom report: UK digital dependency driven to new heights during lockdown
- Business Full Fibre - the what, where and why of full fibre
- Ultrafast Business Fibre: what it is and why you might need it
- Ultrafast Business Fibre is your back to business game changer
- Hybrid Working
- Our approach to customer service
- Supporting hybrid workers with our new cloud-based unified communications offering
- Why does Business Ultrafast Fibre matter to my business?
- Business New Year’s Resolutions
- FTTP FTW! New Research: Full Fibre Most Energy-Efficient Connectivity Method
- Five myths and misconceptions about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Getting up to speed – Everything you need to know about Business Ultrafast Fibre
- Ready to supercharge your connectivity?
- Controlling costs is just one reason to move to cloud
- The New Business Wi-Fi Hub
- Business as unusual - making homeworking work for the new normal
- Working from home - is residential broadband up to the job?
- What’s the value of an empty desk? How homeworking could help balance the books
- Mitel Platinum Partner - We did it again!!
- Get an hour back every day
- What is a Leased Line?
- One thing you never hear in the office
- Prepare for the workplace of 2025 today: 3 simple steps
- 5 things you should consider before moving to the cloud
- What will the future of collaboration look like?
- The Northern Agenda
- How will machines unleash your business’ potential?
- Are UK workforces ready for the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’?
- What we learnt at Accelerate Her 2017
- Saying goodbye to legacy systems - ensuring a migration is trouble-free
- 5 tips to for a better work-life balance
- How our network investment helps digital transformation
- Telco forecast: what to expect in 2019?
- 4 connectivity options to consider when building a resilient network
- Hosted Voice – It’s time to make the move
- 3 reasons why you should consider Business VoIP in the next 6 months
- 4 top tips for hiring the best staff
- Businesses in the Gigabit fast lane
- A beginner's guide to CPaaS
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- 5 TED talks you won't want to miss
- 5 reasons to consider an IPVPN solution
- You’re busy right? But are you as productive as you think?
- Collaborating with Openreach to clear Britain’s Ethernet installation backlog
- The Future of Retail
- World Cup 2018: Watch it, tweet it, stream it
- 4 tips to thrive on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Flexibility and connectivity for the modern era
- Helping Manchester based SMEs succeed in 2021
- CityFibre Ethernet Access Circuit Promotion
- Mitel 10 Reasons
- Nobody can slow your business down with a dedicated leased line
- It’s time to get back to business
- Should Direct Internet Access be at the heart of your business?
- How SD-WAN is changing the game for IT teams
- Introducing the TalkTalk Business Referral Scheme
- We’re finalists in the UK Complaint Handling Awards 2022!
- Small Businesses Buoyant in Run up to Christmas
- Join us in making the climate crisis history
- Lockdown Lessons
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: Helping our Colleagues
- Challenge 2030: How We're Helping Make the Climate Crisis History
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- How to help your staff get the most from their home connectivity
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Partner Restructure
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- Employees want tech to improve productivity
- 1 in 3 British employees expect more workplace flexibility in the next decade
- Peace of mind matters. So why leave your resiliency to chance?
- Only 1 in 5 workers see AI as a threat
- Are businesses ready to cope with tech advances?
- Preliminary FY17 Results
- TalkTalk Business Awarded Mitel Platinum Partner Status
- UK workers say OMG to RFID chip tracking
- Spend on Small Business Saturday up 15% to £717 Million
- TalkTalk Business launches new suite of Cloud-ready connectivity products
- TalkTalk Business appoints Duncan Gooding as Chief Operating Officer
- TalkTalk launches FibreNation
- TalkTalk Business first to launch business-grade broadband packages to address huge surge in working from home
- A rapid response: how we’ve delivered critical connections during COVID-19
* Denotes a required field
IP EXPO Manchester Polling Results
Last month we exhibited at IP EXPO Manchester. It provided a great opportunity to speak to many of you and get involved in industry discussions around future tech.
Whilst at the event we conducted a poll to find out how you see workplace technology impacting your lives in the next five to ten years. The top 3 findings are below.
1. 77 per cent of delegates polled would like gigabit internet connections
When it comes to the technologies which attendees expect to see in the workplace by 2025, the most popular was gigabit internet connectivity, with 77 per cent of those polled looking forward to superfast speeds. This did not come as a surprise, given that future workplace technology such as Unified Communications, for example, will require increased bandwidth.
The next three most popular pieces of office technology were:
- Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) assistants (52 per cent)
- Telepresence robots (50 per cent)
- Virtual Reality (47 per cent)
While the likes of Microsoft's Cortana and Amazon's Alexa are already available to business users, with another 8 years of development these assistants will become extremely powerful and will likely also require a gigabit connection to work at their fullest. Telepresence robots are already rolling around some businesses, but with a superfast connection these devices will be able to transmit a 4K image, making them even more useful.
Virtual Reality (VR) can be accessed through a mobile phone, but for a live VR video stream or some of the more advanced applications like 3D modelling, a high-speed connection will also be necessary.
2. 50 per cent polled believe face-to-face meetings will reduce
With the rise of collaborative tools and apps like Skype, Slack and MiCollab, there is the potential for face-to-face meetings to become a thing of the past.
Why would you travel for four hours when you can effectively communicate and work remotely with the right tools? 8 per cent of those polled see the possibility and believe that within five years' face to face meetings will be obsolete and 50 per cent of those polled thought the technology would reduce the number of face-to-face meetings they had.
3. 71 per cent see an increase in work-life flexibility
The positive benefits of technology were felt when it came to workplace flexibility and remote working. No surprise that 71 per cent felt that technology will increase flexibility in their work life and 61 per cent believed that they would be able to work from any location in the next five years. With wireless connectivity increasing and remote working becoming more of a possibility with portable business devices, office workers appear to look forward to less reliance on being in the office to get work done. With increasing commute times and the cost of travel and car ownership also on the up, this is a trend many view positively.
The general atmosphere at IP EXPO Manchester was optimistic and it is great to see that office workers have a big desire for the future connected workplace. Business networking teams will need to ensure they are able to provision the networks that will support this technologically advanced future and we are looking forward to supporting businesses of all sizes as they adopt new ways of working.
Do you want to be the first to know about our latest technologies to get ahead of your competitors? Register your interest here.