- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- Update: Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Comms Vision 2021
- Looking back at 2021
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services appoints Ruth Kennedy as Chief Sales Officer
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
Channel Live is always one of the most anticipated events in the channel calendar, bringing likeminded businesses together in the second largest city in the UK, Birmingham. I’ve attended Channel Live for the last few years and I relish the chance to meet with Partners, create new connections and engage in thought provoking conversation.
After an eventful couple of days at Channel Live, the TalkTalk Business team and I have combined our key learnings and we’d love to share them with you.
Full fibre is becoming a reality
With many providers racing to get FTTP to market, we were keen to hear what some of the big providers thought about the UK’s full fibre rollout. Guy Miller, Director of TalkTalk’s Fibre for Everyone Programme, joined a panel discussion with CityFibre, Sky Business Comms, Glide Business, Openreach and nextgenaccess to discuss addressing the fibre buildout.
It was clear that all the providers are taking the reality of building a full fibre network seriously and addressing how much there is to do. Guy Miller urged the panellists that above all, we have a responsibility as an industry to serve 30 million homes and businesses and work together to make a better digital economy. Everyone identified that there needs to be clear and consistent information about what’s going to happen and when, not just for end users, but for the providers who will be working together. One of the panellists voiced fears that providers could overbuild in areas to take territory and deter other networks from building in that area. Guy Miller advised that the channel community thrives on competition and the nature of this competition should create more opportunity for resellers and the channel.
You can demonstrate value without price
In my panel debut, “Connectivity as a commodity: dealing with price pressures” I joined several providers, such as Virgin Media Business, Entanet, Sky Business Comms and Vaioni, to discuss how connectivity providers can demonstrate value to customers, instead of focusing on price.
Sometimes it can be challenging to demonstrate value to smaller businesses who often want to pay the same price as a consumer line but still receive an enterprise grade service wrap. Larger businesses tend to be savvier, however full resilience continues to be undervalued by some, but even a 5-hour SLA would feel like a very long time in a large business if their EAD experienced an outage. Or for a smaller retail business who relies on card payments, if their connectivity goes down, they won’t be able to fully transact which could incur impactful losses. It’s only when you ask customers to consider the scale of loss if their connectivity fails that people begin to appreciate the value of add-ons such as resiliency.
I argued that one of the ways providers can evidence the value of their connectivity is by helping customers to understand the underpinning network. Many providers claim to have a nationwide, uncontended and resilient network, but often this isn’t the case. Every network is created differently, and some are more high-performing than others, so it is worth understanding what you are plugging into.
End-customers often don’t ask providers important questions such as, what are the resiliency options? What’s the network utilisation? Are they updating service index data? What’s the peering like? Do you have choice in terms of which exchanges the connections will go to? Proactively sharing the answers to these questions can help reveal the true quality of a network/solution and if customers take time to understand this, they can definitely help to expand the conversation outside of just pricing.
EoFTTC hit the sweet spot
We’ve made some improvements to our EoFTTC product and we were delighted that interest in the product garnered a lot of attention on the TalkTalk Business stand. If you didn’t catch us on the day, EoFTTC is competitively priced, with guaranteed speeds and an average 25 working day lead time. Plus, it comes with 24/7 business grade support, a 7-hour fix SLA. We’ve enhanced the in-life experience and improved delivery journey so it’s even easier to buy and consume.
Does EoFTTC sound like the right product for you? You can learn more about it in our upcoming product webinar which will take place in October 2019. Please speak to your account manager to join the webinar.
Thanks to everyone who visited our stand at Channel Live, we thoroughly enjoyed meeting you all and look forward to seeing you at the next event!