- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
Tips to accelerate your customers’ growth over the festive period
In the run up to the festive period, your customers should be thinking about their connectivity. Is their network capable of handling the surge of seasonal traffic? Is their connection truly resilient?
This year UK consumers are expected to spend £7 billion on Black Friday and Cyber Monday purchases, research by Finder stated. The Office of National Statistics reported that November 2018 saw online sales as a proportion of all retailing exceeding 20% for the first time.
Triggered by sales and discounts, online shoppers cause huge spikes of traffic to ecommerce websites. Don't get caught out by this traffic surge, even the biggest companies can have their systems fail because of poor preparation. By discussing connectivity with your customers ahead of this lucrative festive period, you can ensure they don't face an embarrassing loss of service.
Here our top tips for getting your customers’ business ready for Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the festive period:
Reassess Internet options
With more customers, both online and in store, your customers need to ensure they have the right amount of bandwidth to handle an influx of shoppers. Remind them that what works on their average day might not withstand the festive season. Offering free instore Wi-Fi is becoming increasingly popular with companies to enhance their customer's shopping experience. If they’ve looking for connectivity with faster speeds and increased reliability, you may want to point them to a dedicated Internet option.
Are they VoIP ready?
Whether their business is based primarily in store or online, your customers are likely to receive more calls as people look for customer support, opening hours, or even to place orders. If they’re using IP Voice telephony already, they’ll be able to add new lines in a matter of hours, scaling up their capacity right up to the day of Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Your customers need to be able to process all the payments made during the peak trading days of Black Friday and Cyber Monday. By having the right systems in place and using network monitoring tools to prioritise mission critical traffic, they can avoid the worst-case scenario of having to turn their customers away.
Expect the unexpected
Finally, your customers need to ensure that they plan for the unexpected. Having the right tools available is important, but so too is having connectivity flexible and reliable enough to handle expected bumps in the road during the festive season.
The Black Friday weekend and festive season presents huge opportunities for your customers, but there are also a huge number of potential pitfalls. Having the right connectivity in place ensures that businesses of any size have a Black Friday sale that drives purchases and creates happy and loyal customers.
Want some advice on connectivity options for your customers? Speak to your Account Manager or contact us directly.