- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- Your full fibre broadband overview
- TalkTalk Wholesale Services has been shortlisted for 8 Awards in 2021!
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
The modern workplace: Business benefits of a hybrid-working future
The modern workplace: Business benefits of a hybrid-working future
Organisations over the past couple of years, expedited in 2020 by COVID-19, have seen huge transformations in how they operate. Flexible work schedules, remote team members and a focus on the employee wellbeing and culture are just some of the focuses for modern businesses.
By welcoming the new future of hybrid working with open arms and creating a modern workforce with new and updated technologies, businesses will be able to reap the benefits that come with it.
Employees see a future in which they can achieve a positive balance of office and home working. The shift to a hybrid work model is nothing new, but a trend that has been building with the advancement of technology. Covid-19 has simply acted as the flashpoint, accelerating the timeline. Here are some statistics that demonstrate the rising interested in hybrid work models:
- The homeworking experience has been a positive one for many; 85% of employees say their work/life balance has improved or stayed the same.
- Across sectors, employees expect to spend a significant amount of their working time based at home in future with 3 in 10 (30%) expecting to work from home at least four times per week
- 31% expect that in future people will split their time in the office and at home equally
- a further 25% think they will mostly work from home
Companies have been tasked with providing flexible solutions for their employees to enable them to continue working safely and effectively while adhering to social distancing and lockdown restrictions. Hybrid working is the new modern workplace. And it works. It is making businesses and employees thrive with the many benefits that it provides:
Effective work-life balance requires that you spend your time meaningfully in each of the respective space – work and life. With hybrid working here to stay, it’s important for you and your employees to make sure that you are successful at getting work done and at maintaining mental wellbeing. This has given businesses the opportunity to focus on making their employees happy and investing in a strong company culture. It has also made employees more productive, stay focused and enhanced the trust between employer and employee, but more on that later…
There has previously been a fear that allowing employees to work from home would make them less productive. That has proven to be false. In fact, remote workers are often revealed to be more productive than their in-person counterparts. However, there’s no doubt that employees working from home do run into some challenges around feeling siloed, lonely or out of sync with their colleagues. That’s why hybrid work is the best of both worlds. It combines the improved productivity of remote workers with the superior in-person collaboration and communication of physical office spaces.
Wider Talent Pools
One of the best benefits for businesses is having a wider talent pool. You can now employ people from anywhere. The modern workplace can help companies reach a diverse workforce and recruit people from different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. For employers looking to diversify their employer's talent pool, remote and open work and flexible work offer a great opportunity to attract and hire strong candidates, especially if they have more technological workers well suited to their business needs.
People have been working from home for over a year now, and in most cases, have proven a success. Employers need to trust their employees in controlling their work-life balance, and making sure they have time to focus and get work done. It has come with challenges, especially when home schooling was a thing, however now you can get the best of both worlds, it’s a good way to build and solidify the trust. As much as employees trust employers to have their backs and support when suffering wellbeing, employers must trust employees to stay productive.
Improves your employees mental health and wellbeing
Employee health and wellbeing is an organisational must-have, especially during these difficult times. Despite the advantages of cutting the commute when hybrid working and being able to work around your personal life, employees’ wellbeing can still suffer. If you would like a checklist to use for your organisation to improve wellbeing in the workplace, please see here.
Focused and saving time
People lose time every day; when they’re in the car or train commuting to work. When enabling partial working from home in a hybrid work model, you instantly make up for that lost time. Employees can work whenever and wherever suits them best. Taking to account that some are more productive in the early morning and love the office desk, while others are real night owls and thrive in their home office, you give employees the responsibility to make the best use of their own talents and particularities.
The result of hybrid working and the new modern workplace? Employees have access to all the aspects that make remote work desired, but none of the challenges that lead to reduced communication or loneliness. They can work from home, yet still come into the office each weak to collaborate and socially interact with their peers.
There’s no set, or ideal, number of days that employees must be in an office. It could be anything from just one day a week working in a physical office to three or four days, or perhaps even a monthly schedule where the entire team is onsite for certain days to collaborate. If your business has employees who have the flexibility to split their time between work-from-home and the office, then you are managing a hybrid workforce. And that makes employees happy. For more information on the impact of COVID-19 and levelling up hybrid working, read our whitepaper here.
At TalkTalk Business, we have a fantastic People Team that have been doing an incredible job at making sure our employees are happy and healthy, providing them with resources, events and more. We have amazing social distancing guidance within the office as well as encouraging testing a few times a week before coming in, and are happy with our employees working from home. Embracing the new modern workplace ensures your employees are more likely to remain motivated, productive and successful when hybrid working.