- Partner Types
- Why TalkTalk Business?
News & Insight
- Openreach’s Exchange Upgrade & Migration trials: What you need to know
- 4 reasons full fibre outperforms copper every time
- Partner Roadshow 2020: Follow the fibre
- Enhanced Monitoring: Unleash the power of data(2)
- One Customer Desk: Becoming easier to do business with
- 7 reasons you don’t want to miss the Partner Roadshow
- Case study: Using powerful data to drive fibre upsell for our Partners
- Digital Britain 2.0: Comms Vision 2019 highlights
- Capacity Europe 2019 highlights
- 6 reasons to add G.fast to your connectivity portfolio
- Could EoFTTC hit the sweet spot for your customers?
- 3 things we learned at Channel Live 2019
- 5 reasons to visit us at Channel Live
- Harnessing Google's digital marketing insights to boost your business
- How to use robotics to improve business operations
- Q&A with Simon Leather at Connected Britain 2019
- Fibre and the channel: Busting the myths
- International Telecoms Week 2019: Meet the team
- Key takeaways from the Connectivity Matters Summit 2019
- Why the WLR switch off is an opportunity, not a threat
- 4 insights to reduce churn and stay one step ahead
- What we learnt at our first Partner Roadshow
- 5 ways to support your customers’ digital transformation
- Our COO's tips for winning business through customer experience
- Telco forecast: What to expect in 2019
- Top 5 network insights
- What's Christmas without connection?
- 11 steps to reduce the risk of telecoms Fraud over Christmas
- Help your customers win more this Black Friday
- Rob's had a day to forget
- Comms vision 2018 Highlights
- Meet us at Capacity Europe
- Making Unified Communications reeeeeally simple
- The Third Wave of Connectivity Evolution……Ultrafast
- Soapworks - A home to be proud of
- Intro to Knowledge
- Proud to be keeping Britain connected
- Ofcom reports our managed broadband speeds ahead of competition
- Preparing for the second surge in remote working
- Accelerate your Homeworker opportunity with our data and insights
- The future of telephony - Our VoIP journey so far...
- Changing the way we communicate for the better
- TalkTalk Business delighted to announce our 'Covid-critical' broadband engineers have been awarded MBEs
- TalkTalk Business win ‘Best Wholesale Sales Team’ Award at the Global Carrier Awards 2020!
- Everything you need to know about G.fast
- Markets Unlocked – TalkTalk Business joins the debate on a full fibre future
- Helping our Partners to build back better
- TalkTalk Business win Best Fibre Connectivity Provider at the Comms Business Awards 2020!
- Improving Employee Well-Being During COVID-19
- We’d like to introduce you to our TalkTalk Business Product Solutions Team – Focusing on creating value for our Partners
- TalkTalk Business shares research whitepaper to help Partners address the mass shift to hybrid working
- G.fast or FTTP – What are they and how to make the right choice for your customers?
- Six Top Tips to Help Your Employees Stay Connected While Working from Home
- Workplace wellbeing: A checklist for your business
- How to get a better work-life balance when hybrid working
- The modern workplace
- Wholesale Virtual Event 2021 – Reconnecting with our Partners
- Wholesale Virtual Event: A faster future
- Important update – Openreach stop sell at selected Exchanges
- Hybrid Working Opportunities for the Channel - Our Roundtable Discussion
- Full Fibre is far better for the environment
- Top tips on how you can support your remote workers
- TalkTalk Business Critical Infrastructure Update
- TalkTalk Business takes home a BESMA award
- We're finalists in the Global Women in Telco and Tech awards
- TalkTalk Business is a finalist in the Comms National Awards 2019
- TalkTalk Business’ MPLS network to be implemented at Multi-Academy Trust to drive efficiencies and save costs
- TalkTalk Business shortlisted for the CRN Women in Channel Awards
- TalkTalk Business picks up “Best Business” award at ITSPA this year
- Increased investment in our Partners
- Britain's businesses prepare for hyper- speed
- TalkTalk launches campaign to raise awareness of vulnerable connectivity
- TalkTalk Business offer businesses greater resiliency with Mobile Back-up
- Everything you need to know about IP Voice (VoIP)
- Important Notification of Change Freeze 2020
TalkTalk Business announces peer partnerships with 8x8, Vonage, and NFON UK
Leading cloud communications vendors partner with TalkTalk Business for fast and reliable private peering
LONDON, 30th October 2017 – TalkTalk Business today announces a series of peering partnerships with some of the UK’s top cloud communications firms including 8x8, Vonage and NFON UK. TalkTalk Business’ expertise in delivering innovative connectivity solutions will enable customers using their cloud-based and hosted communications services to experience the very best performance.
By working with TalkTalk Business to provide their customers with Internet connectivity, the vendors will be offering access to high-quality bandwidth required to support the communications needs of any size business. As the market leader for Ethernet connectivity with over 3,000 exchanges across the UK, TalkTalk Business is partnering with these vendors to prepare their customers for the influx of enterprise video, instant messaging tools, virtual reality and artificial intelligence. Extensive peering relationships ensure this advantage in performance extends all the way from the premise through to cloud.
Richard Thompson, Director of Partners at TalkTalk Business, commented, “The decision by 8x8, Vonage and NFON UK to invest in our networks for private peering reflects our commitment to future-proofing UK business Ethernet services. We want to see businesses, of all sizes, develop and grow rapidly. With our assistance, we know they will have the connectivity to realise this potential. Our Partners play a crucial role in our networks, ensuring all applications and services operate seamlessly for end users, and we are very pleased to announce this latest series of partnerships to further these efforts.”
Charles Aylwin, Director of Channel at 8x8, noted, “What’s important for businesses is being able to work at speed, collaborate right across the organisation and be completely agile. This is what we deliver for our customers, as the only company to offer truly unified communications, but it’s also important to maintain this level of service, wherever our customers choose to work. Teaming up with TalkTalk Business as a private peering partner allows to deliver this quality of service to our customers and we are looking forward to a very successful partnership.”
Powerful peering solutions
TalkTalk Business’ bandwidth can be segregated in real-time so that cloud-based applications like voice or video traffic will not be compromised for the access bearer. This means that business applications use exactly specified bandwidths for their respective functions, so the application provider can pledge to their customers that they will always support the required bandwidth on their side of the peering arrangements.
Prioritising Ethernet efficiency
We ensure that the available bandwidth on the physical connection to the end user at the premise is continually enhanced, lowering infrastructure maintenance costs which other ISPs would reconcile with added costs for Partners. Ethernet based services are economically mapped to deliver high quality bandwidth to the end site, with guaranteed fix times, so that there are no weak-spots or periods of internet downtime.
Quality of Service (QoS) checks are used in all of our core networks to ensure that critical traffic like Ethernet transfers have a high priority and cannot be compromised across the network. This is how we ensure that the voice or video traffic can be assured 100% for the end user.
Flexible communications for everyone
Our open-ended structure means that businesses that choose us to deliver their Internet Access service get the most appropriate bandwidth, service levels and pricing for their needs. They can then separately select their preferred cloud application provider, and request the private peering agreement between us and the application provider to be arranged. This allows them to tailor their communications needs, meeting budgetary requirements without paying for services they do not require.
Rakhee Rathod B2B PR Manager, TalkTalk Business
07342 947 810
About TalkTalk Business
TalkTalk Business is one of the fastest growing B2B telecoms providers in the UK, serving the needs of business and public sector customers nationwide and working with over 600 partners. We deliver a full range of business-grade communications products and services, including Connectivity and Networking, Hosted Solutions, Mobile, Voice and IP telephone systems. We thrive on innovation, looking for ways to disrupt the market and deliver value back to our customers.
Following an investment of over £600m, TalkTalk Group operates one of Britain’s largest Next Generation Network. Built for business, its network has more than 3,000 enabled exchanges for Ethernet, EFM and Business Broadband.
With over 20 years’ experience providing support to customers, from national retailers to sole traders, and with future-proof, scalable technology, dedicated support, TalkTalk Business provides a full range of communications solutions aimed at making Britain’s businesses better off.
About our newest partners:
About 8x8, Inc.
8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ:EGHT), the leading provider of truly unified communications, powers over a million business users worldwide. The 8x8 suite of products seamlessly weaves together cloud telephony, messaging, meetings and contact center solutions with a data analytics platform, helping modern organizations communicate at the speed of employee and customer expectations. 8x8 uniquely combines one unified management platform, one seamless communications experience for employees and customers, and one real-time data analytics platform for constant learning and improvement.
With over two million customers worldwide, Vonage is a leading provider of cloud-based communications services that enable businesses to be more flexible and collaborative in the way they approach communications.
NFON is a cloud solution “Made in Germany” and stands for data protection, reliability, and TÜV-certified voice quality. These facts together with the more than 150 intelligent features, simplicity of operation, cost effectiveness and essential security features all contribute to NFON being one of the leading providers worldwide.